6 days and nights exploring Lisbon, a city that embraces modern
culture while celebrating its unique heritage and rich
now! Space is limited and after August 10 reservation
requests will be subject to availability and possibly higher
Lisbon, the capital of Portugal since the mid-thirteenth century, was once the center of the spice trade route and meeting point for people from all over the world. A port of call and crossroads for nations over the centuries, it is a journey to the past in itself. It held its own with the super powers, as one of the greatest players in the discovery of the New World, and the city still remembers those glories with pride. Blessed with a favorable year-round climate, Lisbon is contemporary and casual yet graced with the elegance of the 18th and 19th centuries. The cosmopolitan feeling is still vibrant in this city with its medieval quarters, and the rich history is evidenced by the Belém tower, a sentinel over the Tagus River that traditionally protected the entrance into Lisbon, and the UNESCO site of Jerónimos Monastery. The surrounding area holds delights such as: Évora, a museum-city, with Roman roots; Estremoz, a town so rich in its natural production of marble that even the doorsteps, pavements, and the cobble stones are made out of marble; and Sintra, a World Heritage site known as "Lord Byron's Glorious Eden." It is easy to become part of this vibrant, charming, and fascinating city. Stroll around the picturesque and colorful winding streets of the old town, or shop till you drop on the Avenida da Liberdade. Head towards contemporary Lisbon in the Parque das Nações with its famous Oriente Station, Oceanarium, and the Vasco da Gama Bridge. Enjoy delicious local fare or internationally renowned cuisine in the restaurants by the water.
The lovely 5-star Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade has been selected to host our program. The hotel is located in the heart of the city, on Lisbon's most prestigious Avenida da Liberdade, just steps away from culturally rich sites, restaurants, shops, and more. All of the guestrooms have been recently renovated in a fresh and clean contemporary style.
Our travel package includes:
- Six nights at the 5-star Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade in the heart of the city, on Lisbon's most prestigious Avenida da Liberdade
- Airfare from/to Dulles and private airport transfer (optional)
- Optional tours, to sites in and around Lisbon, every day, including Sintra, Cascais, and Fatima
- Optional pre-trip extension to Porto
- Breakfast buffet daily at the hotel
- Welcome reception consisting of 1.5 hours open bar with heavy appetizers / small plates
- Farewell reception consisting of 1 hour open bar with hors d'oeuvres.
- 3-4 hour Orientation Tour
- A Hospitality Desk and Management services of a local DMC (Destination Management Company)
- Management services by a Tour Plan International representative(s) throughout the planning of the program and on-site during the program
- All taxes and gratuities to hotel bellmen, hotel maids and as levied on other included features
- Nine hours of CLE, including 3 hours of Ethics, and a live 2-hour comparative law presentation on Portuguese Law and the Portuguese Legal System
Without Airfare or Hotel Transfers
|Cash (Check)||Credit Card|
With Airfare and Hotel Transfers
|Cash (Check)||Credit Card|
If you are interested in prices for a triple room (or bringing a child), please contact Stephany Pishko at Tour Plan International directly at (804) 359-3217 x318 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We plan to offer an exclusive program of optional tours and excursions: a reasonable selection of half and full-day tours that will bring to light the past and present of this vibrant city, along with the breathtaking scenery of the surrounding countryside. Tours will include Sintra, Cascais, and Fatima. More details will be announced as soon as the tours are set.
We have arranged for an exciting pre-trip to Porto, departing on November 6. Porto is a picturesque gem spectacularly situated on the steep banks of the Douro River. Porto is a former outpost of the Roman Empire, and known today for its port wine. Spend 4 nights at the beautiful, 5-star InterContinental Porto - Palacio Das Cardosas, perfectly located to enjoy Porto’s historic sites and medieval architecture, while sampling the port wine and local food. Click here for all the details.