Optional Post-Florence Trip Extension to Bologna, Italy
November 10-14, 2017
- British Airways flights from Dulles to Pisa (via London) and from Bologna to Dulles (via London) (OPTIONAL)
- Group transfer from Pisa Airport to hotel in Florence (approx. 1.5 hours)
- Group transfer by motor coach from hotel in Florence to the hotel in Bologna (approx. 2 hours)
- Group transfer by motor coach from the hotel in Bologna to the Bologna Airport
- Accommodation in Superior Category rooms for 4 nights at the 5-star Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni"
- Full American Breakfast Buffet daily at the hotel
- Afternoon Orientation Tour of Bologna, Nov. 10
- Welcome Cocktails and Dinner at the hotel, Nov. 10
- Hospitality Desk daily at the hotel
- Tour Plan International representative(s) on-site
- All taxes and gratuities to hotel bellmen, hotel maids, and as levied on other included features
The Grand Hotel Majestic "Già Baglioni," the oldest and most
prestigious hotel in Bologna, sits in the heart of the city on Via
dell’Indipendenza, within walking
distance of Piazza Maggiore and the famous Due Torri. This superb five-star deluxe hotel is situated in a Palazzo designed by architect Alfonso Torregiani during the first half of the 18th century and built by order of Cardinal Prospero Lambertini, who later became Pope. The palazzo is in fact built on top of an ancient Roman road, part of which can be seen within the hotel.
The 109 rooms have a mix of antique furniture with modern amenities, a perfect blend of classic Italian style, elegance and hospitality. The fourth floor refurbishment has enriched the hotel with a new range of Junior Suites and Deluxe Room. The style in this case is classic eighteenth century classical French.
The hotel is famous for its I Carracci Restaurant with its frescoes, rightly regarded as among the most sophisticated and elegant in Bologna. This is a place where you may enjoy the traditional recipes of the Emilia region whilst seated under authentic Italian masterpieces. The new “Enoteca Morandi” with a well-stocked cellar provides a wide range of fine Italian and foreign wines to complement a traditional and “rustico” regional menu. I Carracci Restaurant has recently been rewarded with the prestigious Three Forks Micheline and included in the last Espresso Italian Restaurants Guide.
We've arranged for a group flight that covers both the Florence and Bologna portions of the trip. It will be on British Airways instead of Lufthansa, departing and returning to Dulles. The cost of the British Airways flight is approximately equal to that of the Lufthansa flight in the base package, despite taking in two destinations, and therefore the airfare is already built in to the with-airfare package cost for Florence: the price below is for the hotel and other amenities in Bologna.
If you choose to make your own travel arrangements, register for the Florence trip at the "without airfare" price at a savings. However, you'll receive no additional credit in the package price listed below.
We will be happy to explore flight options on an individual basis from Richmond, Norfolk, or other hometown cities. Please indicate on the reservation form whether t you would like to consider options other than Dulles.
Double Occupancy: $3,100.00 (check) / $3,225.00 (credit card) per couple
Single Occupancy: $2,200.00 (check) / $2,300.00 (credit card) per person
(Based on a minimum of 30 participants)
Deposit: $1,200.00 per room (due by May 15, 2017)
Balance: Due on or before July 30, 2017