Optional Pre-Lisbon Trip Extension to Porto, Portugal
* As of April 26th, we have only 5 rooms remaining in our group block. We will continue to accept reservations, subject to availability at the time of your request.
November 6 - 11, 2018
Porto, also known as Oporto in English, is the second largest city in Portugal and one of the major urban areas in the Iberian Peninsula. Located along the Douro river estuary in northern Portugal, Porto is one of the oldest European centers, and registered as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Its settlement dates back many centuries, when it was an outpost of the Roman Empire. One of Portugal's internationally famous exports, port wine, is named for Porto, since the metropolitan area was responsible for the production and export of the fortified wine.
- Airfare on United Airlines flights from/to Dulles
- Motor coach transportation from Lisbon Airport to the hotel in Porto. Approximately 3.5 hours drive, with stops as needed.
- Group transfer by motor coach from the hotel in Porto to the hotel in Lisbon, including a stop in Coimbra.
- Accommodation at the beautiful, 5-star InterContinental Porto - Palacio Das Cardosas
- Full American Breakfast Buffet daily at the hotel
- Welcome Cocktails and Dinner at the hotel, November 7
- Orientation Tour of Porto, November 8
- Hospitality Desk daily at the hotel
- Tour Plan International representative(s) on-site
- All taxes and gratuities to hotel bellmen, hotel maids, and as levied on other included features
AccommodationsSpend 4 nights at the beautiful, 5-star InterContinental Porto - Palacio Das Cardosas, perfectly located to enjoy Porto’s historic sites and medieval architecture, while sampling the port wine and local food.
We've arranged for a group flight that covers both the Porto and Lisbon portions of the trip. It will still be on United, departing and returning to Dulles. The cost of the this flight is already built in to the with-airfare package cost for Lisbon: the price below is for the hotel and other amenities in Porto.
If you choose to make your own travel arrangements, register for the Lisbon trip at the "without airfare" price at a savings. However, you'll receive no additional credit in the package price listed below.
We will be happy to explore flight options on an individual basis from Richmond, Norfolk, or other hometown cities. Please indicate on the reservation form whether you would like to consider options other than Dulles.
Double Occupancy: $2,800.00 (check) / $2,912.00 (credit card) per couple
Single Occupancy: $2,000.00 (check) / $2080.00 (credit card) per person
(Based on a minimum of 30 participants)
$1,200.00 per room.
Due on or before July 30, 2018